Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Great American Travel Guide - The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World



A book, a glorious book!


I am a book person. I listen to books in my car during my commute and I’m an Amazon Prime member just for the free shipping. I had seen mention of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World so I took myself to Amazon, decided the price was more than reasonable, and bought the book. I must say it’s the best book I’ve read this year.


I did not read it cover to cover like the authors suggest. Mainly because I don’t have small children and I knew I didn’t want to stay off property so I just skimmed over those parts.  The amount of research that goes into this book is mind-boggling. The few questions I still had after I read it I’m sure were due to me missing something and not that they didn’t cover it. It’s also written with a sense of humor which helps when you’re reading a guide book fool of details and information, keeps your brain from cramping.


After reading it the first time (I have read it twice, so far) I also ordered The Unofficial Guide: A Color Companion to Walt Disney World. This is basically the same information that is in the bigger book with a lot of details about hotels and child care left out. There are pictures of all the attractions with a description which is the main reason I got it. I knew my daughter (12) would never look through the main book to find the things she wants to do, but she did look at the Color Companion and picked out her must-do’s. I’m still carrying it with me, currently I’m looking for the rides that were recommended for night time riding so I can try to do them on the night we’re at the Christmas Party. One of these days I might just start reading normal books again, but not until I have these memorized!

No comments:

Post a Comment